Monday, January 21, 2013

La Manif Pour Tous is a French anti-homosexuality organization created to combat the recent "Marriage for All" bill that seeks to grant equal marriage rights to homosexual couples in France.

The following video is a documentation of a recent protest organized by the group, in which approximately 340,000 French residents turned out to publicly denounce the bill and express their flagrant disregard for the rights of the homosexual community.

When I watch this video, I do not see a group of people, united in their ideals and beliefs, fighting for what they believe is right.

I see the faces of 340,000 French bigots.

I see the faces of 340,000 self-centered citizens, happy to restrict the freedoms of others in the interest of "protecting" their own way of life.

But most of all, I see the faces of 340,000 terrified individuals, driven to anger by their inability to move beyond their own fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment