Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Brief thoughts on Prometheus

It would seem that, for some reason, a lot of people don't like Prometheus. That is fine; they are entitled to their own opinion about it. However, I found it to be a very intelligent film that assumes a certain level of active awareness in its audience. It doesn't force the story down your throat. Rather, it relies on the attentiveness of the audience by presenting important plot elements in what I thought were very artistic, subtle, and well-executed ways.

I enjoyed every minute of Prometheus, and I enjoyed every minute that I spent thinking about it during the days that followed my viewing of the film. Like I said above, it assumes a certain level of intelligence in the audience, so you do have to be ready to pay close attention and work with the film to completely absorb the story. I can't promise that you will enjoy it as much as I did, but I can say with certainty that if you allow yourself to miss out on seeing Prometheus because of the flippant and nit-picky complaints of less engaged viewers, you are doing yourself a serious disservice.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen Prometheus yet, but I'm not opposed to doing so. My friends reserved midnight tickets but I bailed since I had to work the following morning. Generally, I have heard pretty good reviews. I expect to enjoy it when I finally do see it.

    ReplyDelete