Monday, January 2, 2012

One of my greatest regrets of my college career so far is that I largely stopped reading books.

I just didn't have time.

And when I did have time, I usually didn't have the energy required to attempt to maintain my attention on the page.

But I am hoping that all of that is about to change, thanks to this fancy new device of mine:


I am hoping that the Kindle is going to make reading more convenient and accessible, given my constantly busy schedule and my worthless powers of concentration. At the very least, it will make my reading material easier to bring with me, and therefore easier to actually do in the breaks between more pressing events. 

Anyway, I have some posts coming up soon. I have been writing, but I've been having a hard time keeping up with these updates recently.

The past several months have been very...trying.

I understand that I have no need to do so, but I apologize for my intermittency as of late, and I thank you all for your patience as I figure out how to best adapt to some of the challenges that are currently being introduced into my life.

Now, I am sure that some would say that buying an infinite book is not going to help me write more often.

And I...would have to concede they are probably not incorrect.

But expect to see a lot more of me over the next few weeks.

I want to get serious about this again.

So, until next time.

Much love, my friends.

4 comments:

  1. You're going to love having a kindle. I have also been reading less and less with school and work bogging me down, but I've read four novels in the last two weeks since I've bought my own kindle touch. Enjoy!

    I hope your holidays were awesome, and be wary of open access to Amazon's ebooks. You might wipe out your bank account because it's so tempting to buy all the books at your fingertips now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bank account?

    Oh, right. Yeah, I'm going to be in real trouble. But I'm so looking forward to reading on this thing. Thanks for the reassurance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and ever since then I've been reading much more for pleasure. Prior to getting a Kindle it had been months since I sat down and read a good book...now, I've finished one and am working on the second. I hated to make the change, but I have to admit that it makes reading easier and much more convenient. Happy reading!

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all add each other on kindle.amazon.com and start a little book reading circle. I've always sort of wanted to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete