Friday, December 30, 2011

I have been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution on my PS3 for the past several days, and I have to say that it is easily one of the best games that I've played in the past few years. I have not been this engaged by a video game in quite some time. I found this email on an in-game computer that I had hacked earlier this evening, and I thought that it was worth sharing. For the purpose of setting, this email was uncovered in the office of a news media company.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

With the rush of day to day operations, it's easy to lose focus and forget what the job is all about. As a reminder to all of you:

1) Minds and emotions can be influenced by the media.
     a) A crowd has the mental age of a 5 year old child.
     b) It is our mission to orient and guide the child to higher understanding.
     c) That understanding must keep the right intent at heart.

2) Language and carefully chosen words are a form of influence.
     a) Anyone can experience the world and express points of view.
     b) Words are condensed ideas and the sole means for men to understand the          world.
     c) This is the power of Semiology and Rhetoric.

3) Control is in the delivery of information.
     a) Knowledge is power.
     b) Today, knowledge is based on information.
     c) Controlling access to and the flow of information is the key to power.
     d) With this power comes responsibility.

A bit simplistic, I admit, but it gets the point across.

     Emilie Masse
     Division Supervisor
     Picus Confidential

1 comment: