Thursday, October 20, 2011

So...as some of you who may have followed this blog of mine for the time that it was actually running already know, I like to cook from time to time. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, and I make a point to indulge in it whenever I can. Tonight, I made a curry for the first time in months.

Prelude to Curry. In D Minor.

I chopped up all of the vegetables, only to realize that I was short one can of coconut milk. Luckily, I live across the street from a Wal-Mart, and I had to make an emergency, last minute run in my pajamas to procure the extra can. I picked up a six pack of Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA while I was there.

And the currying commences.

My favorite part of cooking: turning off the stove.

The final product: green curry with tofu, bamboo shoots, daikon radish, carrot, eggplant, yellow pepper, mushroom, spinach, and basil. The eggplant and yellow pepper are slightly (slightly) overcooked, but the mushroom (usually the most delicate ingredient) is just right, so I think that I will consider this one a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment