Saturday, October 22, 2011

I have spent most of my fall break in my kitchen cooking new things.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.

It makes me feel so...

Well, it just makes me feel.

And that, I think, is a good indicator of a truly beloved hobby.

Last night, I made fried eggplant with steamed millet and ponzu sauce for dipping.









Today, for lunch, I made Japanese somen noodles with egg, sliced cucumber, and daikon radish.









(chili ponzu dipping sauce) 


The somen noodles were surprisingly tasty for a fairly plain wheat-based noodle. This is a particularly light and healthy sort of meal, and although I did counteract some of the healthiness by drinking a beer with my lunch, I still feel very satisfied with the way  that everything turned out.

Now...if only I had somebody here to eat this sort of thing with me.

3 comments:

  1. * Yoda voice * woman we must go dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. If cooking is what you really enjoy doing then I hope you pursue this much more in the future. I went years without a true hobby, but now that I have one I feel a lot more balanced in my daily life.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks spectacular.

    Surely you'll cook for me one day, right?
    Surely.

    ReplyDelete