Wednesday, September 7, 2011

There is no certainty in the future.

Uncertainty is frightening.

It's okay to be scared.

But uncertainty about events that have not yet occurred is just the nature of things.

It is an inherency of the passage of time.

But the future is constant.

It will always be there.

Waiting for us.

The best that we can do is work diligently and maintain hope that perhaps one day, this existence will be better for everyone.

You have no power.

You have no ultimate influence.

You are nothing.

You must recognize your weakness.

Our undeniable weakness.

Accept the fact that the most that you can do is offer yourself completely to your passions.

The things that you enjoy.

The things that drive you to do good in the world.

The things that you understand to be real.

So relax.

Be still.

Live your life for others.

Breathe love into all that you do.

Find the center within yourself.

Calm your mind.

And allow time to pass.

2 comments:

  1. I can admit that this is one of my flaws. In our modern society, fast-paced and always assaulting you with information overload, being still and calm is nearly impossible. At least for me. Do you feel that you have the same problem?

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, yes.

    But most of my disquietude comes from the chaos of my own mind.

    I accepted a long time ago that, as an individual, I have no influence on the direction of society. Learning how to remain calm within the system was a process that has taken me years of emotional refinement, but I like to think that I am finally able to find a way to be still within any environment.

    As a species that by mathematical inherency can not understand our own future, learning to be actively adaptable is of the utmost importance if we are to continue advance.

    ReplyDelete