Monday, August 22, 2011

I need to apologize for my recent absence.

Between moving into the new apartment, trying to iron out the details of what I still need to pick up, and the new semester starting this past week, things have been very busy.

I need to make more time for my writing, but lately that has proven to be quite a difficult task.

I have one more piece of furniture to pick up, which I will hopefully be doing today, and then hopefully I will be able to fall back into my normal routine of writing in between classes.

I am very worried about this semester.

I literally have more to do than I have available time in which to do it.

I have five classes: Manufacturing Processes, Senior Lab (Engineering Lab III), Senior Design II, Fuel Cell Fundamentals and Applications, and Adaptive Materials/Smart Structures.

Senior Design and Senior Lab are both project oriented, which is fine, but it means that they require a much larger time commitment than most classes.

Adaptive Materials/Smart Sturctures is going to be a very, very interesting class.

Intelligent material systems is a very new field of engineering, and most of what we talk about in the class will be oriented around a lot of cutting-edge technology.

However, the class is being taught on a graduate level, and is going to have a heavy focus on research.

This is the sort of thing that I want to do with my life, but the prospect of having that on top of my other four classes still scares me a little.

Not to mention the fact that I have to start applying to graduate schools this semester, as well as figuring out what I actually want to do with the rest of my life, preparing for the FE exam, and making arrangements for the empty semester in between graduation and, hopefully, my continued education.

There is not enough time for everything.

I know that I can get my work done this semester.

I know that I have it within me.

But the knowledge of what I am going to have to sacrifice to do so is...

It is...

It is sobering.

Yes.

Sobering...

I think that that is the word for it.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you this semester! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an incredibly intelligent guy...anyone who has read your posts can immediately tell. And you're very capable. You will succeed, thrive, and find time to reach your goals with minimal sacrifices. We have faith in you :)

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shane, you are very intelligent.
    I hope you will find your organized time to take care of all these classes! Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wish you good luck, but I don't honestly think you'll need it. This work is your passion and with that driving you I'm sure you can achieve anything you set out to. It will be tough, of course it will, but you will love every minute of it. And don't worry about the rest of your life yet, it will click into place eventually and isn't worth the stress right now.

    And, just in case, GOOD LUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank all of you for your words of encouragement.

    I hope that you are all having wonderful days.

    ReplyDelete