Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In 90 minutes, I will be on the road to Washington D.C. for the weekend with some friends of mine.

I am very excited.

Growing up in Baltimore, I took D.C. for granted. It was only about 30 minutes away, assuming ideal traffic conditions, and it was nothing to hop in the car and zip down to the capitol for the day.

Then my family moved south.

It has been eight years since my last visit.

I can't wait to see how things have changed.

I can't wait to see how I have changed.

I want to write while I'm there, but I think that planning on actually doing so is unrealistic, so my posts will likely be sparse until the very end of the weekend.

I will try to remember to take pictures.

3 comments:

  1. DC... i'd love to go back!
    have fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing some posts from your trip.

    ReplyDelete