Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have recently taken up what many people appropriately refer to as "barefooting."

For the past week or so, I have made every trip across campus barefoot.

It is absolutely fascinating.

There are so many spectacular textures; an entire world of sensory input of which we constantly deprive ourselves.

My heels burn from the accustomization to my newfound liberation, but the sting is worth it.

Walking has become a meditative act; all of my attention becomes focused on monitoring the surfaces beneath my feet.

I can not believe that I have lived for 21 years under the impression that shoes are a natural conclusion of human progress and technology.

Shoes have their place and function, I understand.

Shoes have enabled many facets of our development.

I am not a naturalist.

But this feeling...

This feeling almost makes me want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment