Thursday, February 24, 2011

[Note: Written on 2/23/2011]

I am paying today for my good day yesterday.

This is how it tends to work, after all.

I do have good days.

They are rare, but I do have them.

But it is typical that the days following are much worse than usual to compensate.

Today's price is memory of her.

Since I awoke this morning, she has not left my thoughts for a second.

Most of my days are filled with reminders of her, but they are rarely so consistent and unrelenting.

Even the backs of my eyelids present me with her likeness.

There is no escape.

There is only this desperate endurance.

My heart pounds in my chest.

I struggle to breathe.

I have things to do.

There is only one option.

Allow it to take over.

Allow it the consumption of my mind.

Give it the time that it requires.

Find my center.

Carry on.

I have things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment