Monday, February 14, 2011

[Note: Written on 2/12/2011]


Today at lunch, I had a visceral reaction to having to wait for my food. I was incredibly hungry, but when I saw the chef place our completed orders onto the counter, I literally had to fight back the urge to get up and grab the plates myself. Had our waitress not come back out a few moments later, I don't know that I would have been able to keep myself from doing so.

It has been a long, long time since I have experienced an emotion of such tremendous impatience.

It was a physical sensation; my skin itched from the desire to begin my meal.

I do not know why this emotion struck me so strongly or why, perhaps, this particular reuben with fries was so pertinent to my existence at the moment.

But I do know that I did not like the compulsion one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment