Monday, February 28, 2011

I threw the rest of my cigarettes away yesterday evening.

I kept the cigars, but the cigarettes are gone.

There are no benefits.

I find it interesting, really.

I did everything in my power to keep myself from developing a chemical attraction to the things, and yet the second that that package left my hand last night, I had to fight back the urge to pick them back out of the trash.

I had to know for myself why people engage in this act, and I hate my curiosity for it.

But they are gone now.

Their stench was not worth their comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Good! Smoking is a nasty habit anyways. You're better than that. Stick with cigars! They smell better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the benefit of the cigars is..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. The benefit of cigars is that they were very expensive and I am not about to just throw them away.

    Also, cigars are not nearly as bad for you because you don't inhale. Obviously they are worse for you than not smoking anything. One would have to be a fool to contest that. But as long as it is a super occasional thing (which the price naturally ensures), and you carefully brush your teethm and rinse with mouthwash relatively soon afterwards, it's not really all that bad.

    I don't dislike the act of smoking. I just can't justify partaking in it as a regular habit.

    ReplyDelete