Sunday, January 2, 2011

Phantasm

I am scared to sleep.

The nightmares are coming back.

The few hours of each night that I actually do manage to slip into unconsciousness are filled with smatterings of these terrible visions, each one uniquely horrifying and graphic in its own right.

Death. Pain. Misery. Murder. Emotion. Mutilation. Energy. Suicide. Momentum.

Harm.

I hear every scream; witness every gory detail.

Even after all of these years, I am still often shocked and unsettled by the caliber of imagery that my mind is able to fabricate while my consciousness lies dormant underneath of my skin.

It is intensely disgusting.

But it offers me a sort of dark hope, really.

If my mind can not be sane...

At least it can be creative.

1 comment:

  1. You too huh? We should find a way to cure this shit.

    ReplyDelete