Monday, September 13, 2010

"I never thought that alcohol could ease the notion of the sadness.


Now what used to be a happy home done turned into some bad shit."


I am falling in love with Outkast. I'm pretty much just now discovering them and I've been going back and buying their albums lately.


I never listened to them when they were popular (I was in middle school -- seventh grade, I believe -- when "Hey-Ya!" came out) because I was going through my punk rock phase and was under the horribly mistaken impression that I was not allowed to listen to that kind of music because I would be betraying my "identity" as a "punk kid."


Who went to Catholic school.


And followed all the rules.


And ironed his clothes every morning (a habit which has stuck with me to this day).


I used to be such a moron.


I used to think that the world was mine.


I used to think that my actions on this earth mattered.


Thank goodness that science came into my life and shattered those presuppositions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment