Sunday, August 22, 2010

I sliced the shit out of the fingers on my left hand with a kitchen knife two nights ago while chopping parsley.

Parsley.

I don't really know what happened, but from what I recall, I was lifting the knife to reposition it, and the next thing that I knew, it was passing through the top of my left index and middle fingers.

It didn't even really hurt.

I just heard the sound of tearing flesh, saw my friend (who was standing next to me) wince, and then the bleeding started.

That knife is fucking sharp.

The cuts aren't terribly bad, although my left index finger has been mostly out of commission for the past 24 hours. After the preliminary first aid, I think that everything will heal up properly. It's already started. It's just probably going to take a few days.

I just can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop visualizing the knife passing through my skin.

It was so easy.

It's almost beautiful, really.

That we can design these sorts of things.

These things that can destroy us with so little effort.

1 comment:

  1. Bah, we are just very fragile. Even a Pikachu at Lv. 88 can be taken down incredibly easily...hm.

    ReplyDelete