Monday, June 7, 2010

Please watch this.

I can not stress how crucial this is.

If you agree (that is to say, if you hold that exploratory science is the key to our future and that hindering it will be absurdly detrimental to the progress of our species), then please, tell everyone you know. Send them some links. Raise awareness. Hope to change some minds.

If you don't agree, you are part of the problem.

I am typically not like that. I try to be a proponent of the "live and let live" principle about many things.

But this is something about which I am passionate enough to risk being blunt and forthright with my opinions.

If you are one of the people who believes that we currently "know enough" about this universe in which we live, you need to wake up.

Yes, there are other important issues. No, I am not expecting everybody to be interested in science.

But scientific advancement, especially right now as we sit on the verge of a multitude of potentially life-altering breakthroughs, is of dire importance, and I think that deep down we all know it.

1 comment:

  1. While I do think this is importnat, I shudder to think about it. I mean, we can't even handle drilling for oil, what would happen if we found aileans?! I just don't think mankind is smart enough to avoid killing us all. We have wars with each other I think we need to band together before we do anything. I just don't have enough faith in humanity that I can think we won't screw this up royally.

    ReplyDelete