Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I miss you so much.

I know that I didn't have your attention for very long.

Two and a half months, at the farthest stretch of the imagination.

But during those months, you taught me more about myself than most people have in a lifetime.

I...still don't really know why you left the way that you did.

At least a goodbye would have been nice.

I try to play the victim and tell myself that I don't get it and that I don't know what happened.

But when I look past the hurt little boy that lies on the surface, I understand.

I don't blame you.

I know why things had to be this way.

But I still miss you.

The sensation of your touch is still burned into my nerve endings.

At the slightest reminder, the memory of your warmth courses across every bit of my skin.

And every single time it is the most exquisite pain that I have ever known.

1 comment:

  1. Tis far too common a feeling among people, and one that leaves a mark for as far as I've known.

    ReplyDelete