Monday, June 21, 2010

I got pulled over today on the way to work.

I was speeding: 57 in a 45 zone. I didn't even realize how fast I was driving until I saw the officer perk up in his seat as I passed him in the opposing lane. Luckily, I got off with just a warning. I told him that I was running late for work (which was the truth), and he was nice about it in that weird police officer way.

I've never been pulled over before. I guess I broke my streak today.

I know it was just a warning, and I know that everybody gets pulled over at some point and all that, but I still can't help feeling like an enormous failure for some reason. Every time I think about it, I get this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach, and I can't figure out why.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling, keep thinking about it, disect it, then forget about it.

    ReplyDelete