Monday, May 31, 2010


I have purchased a lot of music over the course of this past week. A lot.

List (album - artist):

"O" Volume 1 - Operatica
Emblem [Selected Pieces] - Amethystium
Unsupervised - Mono Puff
Rooty - Basement Jaxx
Kish Kash - Basement Jaxx
Digital Reflex - Various artists (label compilation)
Synchronized Decompression - KJ Sawka
Reimagining - Vijay Iyer
Pitty Sing - Pitty Sing 
(This one was interesting in that I found it on a shelf marked down to 50 cents, brand new and unwrapped. I figured at that point I had to buy it. Also, the review from Insound on the front of the wrapper helped: "If this music was any lusher, we'd have to fuck it." How could I resist?)
Essential Lounge - Moist Music (Various artists)

Essential Lounge is the crowning jewel of this week's haul. I maintain a deep fondness for lounge music, and 36 tracks for ten dollars brand new is an unbelievable deal. I'm about to say something that is likely to get me crucified on the internet: This is why I support record labels. Yeah, there's some shifty shit that goes on behind the scenes, but every now and then, you find a gem like this, and to me, that occasional find makes it worth paying for all of my music. I also just like to have physical representations of the products I buy. I like to have something (particularly a something of a high quality, lossless audio format) to show for my vanishing currency.

Anyway, I really like all of these albums, which is really awesome, considering that I knew nothing about any of them when I bought them (aside from Rooty by Basement Jaxx, which was purchased on a return trip to the store after buying Kish Kash). One of my favorite things to do is go into music stores and head for their last-chance bargain bin and pick a few random albums.

It's rare that I like them all, though, so I've just been on a roll this week.

Grand total spent: $26.50

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of cds for one week.... only twenty six dollars and fifty cents. Great buys.... I am looking for new music to listen to... I haven't gone out to music stores lately, but those bargain bins huh... nice.

    ReplyDelete