Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You know, I used to be happy.

Or, at least, I had managed to convince myself that I was.

But we'll assume that I was.

So...you know, I used to be happy.

And then I found science.

And my life has never been the same.

I don't even see the same way anymore.

And not out of some "profound new insight" or anything overly dramatic like that.

I literally just see differently. The physical sensation of sight has changed.

My mind hasn't been quiet for a long, long time now.

Not even in sleep.

I've tried countless things to make the thoughts stop.

To dull some of the pain.

There are times when I just don't want this anymore.

But how could I go back now?

How could I go back?

2 comments:

  1. That is why sometimes I see people who are christians or whatever and how happy they seem to be, how content they seem to be with what they are so sure is true. I do think that ignorance is bliss... though there are people who are not and they still manage to be very happy. I think. I don't know. But I guess some of us are just more... sensitive? I guess?
    Mmm, sometimes thoughts just overflows our minds and it just doesn't allow us to really be happy... or to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is so tired, but sleep doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete