Monday, February 22, 2010

Ugh.

Sometimes I just want to fail out of school, abandon all of my material possessions, strip down in the street, and just jump as hard as I can, launching myself through the stratosphere and into the reaches of outer space, leaving only a pile of clothes and a heated path of displaced atmospheric particles in my wake.

Oh, what I would give to feel weightlessness. Sometimes this body of mine is just so unbearably heavy. Even if it meant suffocating in the vacuum of space, it would probably be worth it.

Have you ever thought about that? Suffocating in a vacuum? Just take a second to contemplate that. It wouldn't be like drowning. Or choking in smoke.

No fluid would flood your lungs. There would be no semblance of comfort in the routine and involuntary muscle contractions that you've come to take for granted over these long years.

You would just try to breathe, and nothing would happen.

Just think about that and try not to become overtly conscious of your own beautiful bodily mechanisms.

The beautiful miracle that is you.

If I could reach out and touch you right now, whoever you are, I swear I would reach out and hug you so tight.

1 comment: