Sunday, February 14, 2010

200th post. Wahoo?

Ah, Valentine's Day...

It would be easy to be one of those people who just gets upset on Valentine's Day and refuses to be happy because it's "just a day to remind single people that they are single and it sickens me to see all the happy couples going crazy about it."

I have no problem with Valentine's Day. In fact, I wish all of the happy couples well. Why would I not want them to be happy? Am I jealous? Of course I am. But that doesn't mean I can't wish them the best. Valentine's Day, while it is over-marketed just like every other holiday, is great for people who are in relationships, and those of us who aren't should just be able to let it quietly come and go without making a big fuss about it.

Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't sting a little. It's definitely a day to be lonely, what with the media cramming it down your throat and all, but don't take it out on the couples. It's not their fault that we're not in relationships.

So be wistful on Valentine's Day. It's perfectly reasonable. But there's really no reason to get angry.

There are plenty of other magnificent reasons to be angry.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment