Thursday, January 21, 2010

I just reinstated my Netflix account. I've been wanting to get back into anime again lately, and Netflix and piracy are really the only inexpensive ways to do that. And seeing as how I kind of have a big problem with the piracy scene, I don't really pirate things, so Netflix was really the only choice.

Anyway, I'm planning on just watching a bunch of series one-after-the-other-style over the next couple of months. I...have a lot more free time in the evenings now, so I'm thinking that it's probably doable. The first series I intend to watch is called "Air Gear." It's apparently about futuristic roller blade gangs, which is almost impossible for me to deny.

I'm also planning on reading a lot more this semester. I'm not sure why, but I've been...disenchanted with video games lately. I'm not really interested in any of the boring, carbon-copy bullshit that's being released, and I'm not super interested in replaying old games for right now. I think No More Heroes might have had something to do with this feeling, too. I beat it last week, and ever since then I haven't cared about games. I feel like it kind of ruined video games for me for a little while. No More Heroes was just so much fun and so kinetic and so interesting and so gripping that now, coming back to play normal video games again just feels...weird.

So, instead of trying to force myself back into games, I've decided to just kind of take a break and develop some of my other hobbies and interests for a while.

Although I'm still playing DDR.

A lot of DDR.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment