Friday, January 1, 2010

Horray! It's a new year and everything is exactly the same!

I dunno. Maybe it's the scientist in me, but I have a hard time getting excited about the new year. Nature does not change. The movement of the planets steadily hold their regularly defined gravitational orbits. The only thing that changes is that now I have to start writing 2010 on my checks and assignments, which is something that I'm not going to be able to do on the first try until late November, anyway. It's a celebration of an arbitrary human assignment of when our arbitrary man-made system of measuring time moves into a new increment. I mean...imagine if we celebrated every hour: staring at our watches, counting down the seconds, and drinking so much that we don't even remember what happened. It would make just as little sense. To me, at least.

Happy new year, nonetheless.

I have taken a good many pictures of things of amusement lately, and I'll try to post those as regularly as possible over the next few days. The first of which being:

Clearly intentional, but still funny.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment