Saturday, December 5, 2009

Okay, I sat down to write about the Flecktones show, and decided that it's been so long since the show that I don't really want to sit here and type and type and type about it anymore. Here's the gist of it:

Victor Wooten was incredible as usual. 

I now understand why Bela Fleck is being called "the premier banjo player of the world." 

Phil Coffin is a sax master. 

Futureman played a half drum kit with one hand and his drumitar with the other. Standing up.

Standing up.

The Columbia Philharmonic Orchestra was also very good, and blended beautifully with the band.

I got a signed album after the show. That was a really cool experience. Especially meeting Victor Wooten. I have been watching videos of him in concert on youtube for the past couple of years, and he's probably the primary reason that I even still pick up my bass, so meeting him face-to-face after the show was really cool.

Anyway, they are all master musicians, and if you ever have the chance, you really need to go see them. It is imperative.

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment