Monday, December 28, 2009

I suppose it's been a while since my last post. Sorry, I guess.

Christmas was good this year. I had lots of good family time. One of my little cousins (he's five) got some Transformers for Christmas, and I was assigned (in other words, I jumped at the opportunity) to teach him how they work and show him how to transform them. I had a lot of fun. I grew up playing with Transformers and it was quite a nostalgic feeling to, for lack of a better term, play with them again. It was also a really cool bonding experience with my cousin.

In other Christmas news, my grandparents gave me a gorgeous new watch. I had picked it out, but it is still an absolutely beautiful piece of machinery. I have this deep obsession with timepieces, especially since they're really the only kind of acceptable fashion accessory for men in this day and age. Aside from...scarves, maybe? I dunno. I'm not super familiar with that scene. Not to say that I don't want to be...I'm just not.

But it's going to be weird getting used to my new watch. After wearing the same one every day for almost eight years, it's a weird adjustment. Every time I see my old watch sitting on my shelf, I instinctively reach out to put it on and have to stop and remind myself that I'm already wearing one.

And I got a few games. No More Heroes for the Wii, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and Mirror's Edge for the PS3.

I've actually already beaten Mirror's Edge twice on a rental, but I loved that game so much that every time I walk into a store and see it, I consider purchasing it. I don't know how much I'll play it, but I figured it would relieve some torment if I just went ahead and got it out of the way. I'm playing through No More Heroes right now, and I absolutely love it. I've actually rented this one, too, but made the mistake of buying GTA IV on the same day, so I didn't get very far in No More Heroes. Killer 7 was one of my favorite games of all time, and Suda 51 is an incredibly interesting game designer. No More Heroes has been great so far. I haven't really played much of Mario yet, but I've played it at other people's houses before, and it's pretty much an outstanding Mario game. Zelda is also wonderful. I mean...it's Zelda.

I also got this weird Irish Spring body wash in my stocking (yeah, we still do stockings) that has a "cooling sensation." The only place that I feel this "cooling sensation," however, is on my groin, and it really just feels like a chemical burn. Not to say that it's not...enjoyable, but they should be more honest on the bottle.

"Irish Spring with mildly corrosive acids."

TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose they figure less people would buy their product were they actually honest.
    "WARNING: side effects may include groin-tingling."

    ReplyDelete