Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra with my family today. I'm super excited. Then on tuesday, I'm going with my dad to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones perform with the South Carolina Philharmonic Orchestra. It's a Christmas concert, as well, so I'm going to be getting a lot of alternative Christmas music over the next few days, but I'm really looking forward to it. Especially about the Flecktones. If you've never heard them, here's some links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzZXvivo4c&feature=PlayList&p=F335C293C70A0AA4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

Victor Wooten (their bassist), is the most incredible man alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR6t47pV8Qc

This is a live improv. Apparently he does a lot of improvisational stuff at their shows. I saw a video about a year ago, where he played an eight minute bass solo, broke his D-String about halfway through, and only dropped the beat for about a half of a second.

I can't wait to see them. I really get tired of the typical Christmas carol type stuff that you get barraged with around this time of year (I much prefer instrumental Christmas music to jingles about how you'd better not be naughty or how fat Santa is), and it will be a welcome change.

TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. ANOTHER ONE?

    -Rages! Throws breakable things at him.-

    RAH! WHY YOU SO LUCKY?!?!

    ReplyDelete