Friday, October 30, 2009

I have started playing DDR again lately. I busted the old pads out yesterday out of frustration and stress and the desire to do something physical and expend some testosterone, and I'm starting to wonder why I ever stopped playing this glorious game. It is so much fun. It's also a great stress reliever. My mind clears out almost entirely during play, and my mind is typically a constant flurry of ideas, mathematics, choreographed action sequences, and dark, twisted imagery.

I highly recommend it to people who have high stress levels but not enough time/motivation for a regular exercise routine.

The only problem is that I'm using plastic, folding pads. They're official brand, but they're still kind of a pain. Our living room, much like most other living rooms, is carpeted, so the pads slide around a lot during play. Sometimes they slide partly under the couch, which is a real problem because then I constantly kick the couch with the back of my heel.

I'm thinking about buying a high-quality metal pad, but they are quite expensive.

Also, some friends and I went to an arcade to play today, but the machine froze on us. That sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment