Thursday, October 15, 2009

Anamanaguchi

I'm starting to wonder why I bother with this whole blogging thing. During periods in which I do semi-actively blog, I don't see the point because I get no feedback, but during periods in which I don't blog, I want to. I dunno what to do about this feeling.

Anyway, I have been ravenously addicted to this band lately. I just discovered them on the Penny Arcade website a few days ago, and immediately bought their album. And downloaded their first album (which they put up for free and is totally legitimate so please don't fine me into poverty worthy of turning to male prostitution, RIAA). They are incredible, and they are called Anamanaguchi. They use an NES as one of their instruments. Like, a real NES. From the 1980s. That they hacked.

Their music has a very nostalgic feeling, and the main reason that I fell in love with it so expediently was that it brought me back to better times in my youth when I had friends who also enjoyed playing video games and we would all sit around for hours and hours just playing games and talking to each other about anything and everything. Those were the best friends and time that I've ever had, and hearing that 8-bit whine again in a modern context gave me goosebumps. If you only listen to one of their songs, listen to Helix Nebula.

But check them out.

I'm going to try to post more pictures of things. That's what I originally wanted to do with this blog anyway; give people some actual content and not just rant about current events or my life. There are some things in Columbia of which I would like to get pictures, but have not had the time to do so yet. A friend of mine is coming to town for a few days tomorrow, so that will give me an excuse to walk around with my camera at least for a little while.

TTFN.

1 comment: