Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Accidental Eavesdropping

I love walking past people around campus and just hearing snippets of their conversations during the few seconds that they are within audible range.

But today I heard possibly the best.

It was sustainability day today, and a bunch of different organizations and such had booths set up outside of Russell House (our student union and cafeteria, for the uninformed) about how to conserve energy and recycle all sorts of different kinds of waste and all that. After I had walked a good thirty steps or so past the displays, these two girls walked past me going the opposite direction, and I heard one of them say,

"Sustainability? ...Does that have somethin' to do with alcohol?"

Her friend responded, "What? No! It's about saving the world!"

I walked around Russell house with a grin on my face like a doofus for the ensuing five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment