Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nothing but the Tooth

Did anybody else watch Winnie the Pooh growing up as rampantly as I did?

Anyway, I have been having some really bad tooth problems lately. One single tooth on the bottom left side of my jaw has been extremely sensitive lately. It started at Burger King, where I ate a hot fry and it sent a quick, stabbing pain through my jaw. I was shocked by this occurrence, but could not get it to happen again despite many failed attempts, and therefore did not worry about it. It kept happening intermittently throughout the past week or so, when two days ago I was drinking some delicious strawberry-kiwi Kool-Aid in my apartment, and the coldness of the beverage caused a searing, thought-stopping pain in my mouth of a magnitude that I've never experienced. I am willing to say that it is some of the most pain I have been in in a good while. So, ever since then, I have either been drinking with a straw, through the side of my mouth, or just grimacing wildly after every sip. Letting things sit out until they equalize to room temperature is the safest way, but when it comes to beverages, I am impatient.

I never realized how much I took the ability to pour fluids down my maw for granted until it started causing me pain like the fires of a thousand suns.

Anyway, this needs to stop, or I'm going to have to go to the dentist.

1 comment: