Sunday, September 20, 2009

I have been playing Starfox Adventures again lately. I never finished it and wanted to say that I have done so, but when I started back up I was so lost that I just started over. It's a lot of fun. It's good to play an adventure game again. It's basically Zelda with Starfox instead of Link, but that's really not a bad thing.

Adventure games such as Zelda and Starfox Adventures were at one point my favorite genre of video games. I have many many fond memories of playing adventure games growing up. Zelda, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Luigi's Mansion, Rocket: Robot on Wheels, Vexx...the list goes on and on. I don't really understand what happened to that genre. I guess developers just don't feel like there's a market for those kinds of games anymore now that gaming has gone mainstream.

People just want their fast-paced, ADD encouraging action games and shooters, I guess. Game developers are just making what they know will make them money. They make what is safe and they don't try new things and I really hate it. My favorite hobby is being destroyed by the mainstream public.

No comments:

Post a Comment